Saturday, September 27, 2014

Adrenal Fatigue

Adrenal fatigue is the most common cause of fatigue amongst adults.  It seems like we're all tired!  Everyone I know is TIRED! 

At work, the most tired of us are dependent on coffee and energy drinks.  Little do we know, those 2 drinks that we believe help us function and make it through the day is actually CAUSING our fatigue! 

Here is some information about adrenal fatigue:  http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/what-is-adrenal-fatigue

My experience with fibromyalgia, depression and fatigue has encouraged me to take a close look at the habits that I have developed over the years.  In my younger years, I was full of energy, my memory was sharp, and I had a very positive, upbeat attitude.  I have been slowly removing caffeine, energy drinks, alcohol, chocolate, and other stimulants from my diet.  It has been a little over 2 weeks and I ALREADY FEEL BETTER!!  I had the cravings, headaches, etc - but overall I am feeling better!  I was up at 7:00am this morning (Saturday) and this hasn't happened in over 2 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment