Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Experience with Diatomaceous Earth



For More Information about the DE that I use: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a silica-based product that has many different uses.  The type of DE that I have been using is for HUMAN USE.  Please be aware that there is a difference!
DE has many benefits to health, and I would like to share my personal experience with it rather than copy and paste what others have posted about the product.
I first came to know about this product after reading about it on one of my favorite forums.  I was a bit skeptical about it at first because I was a bit worried about its intended use.

A powder that's supposed to kill bugs and parasites is supposed to be good for my body?  Wha?

Well, since I'm a bit of an adventurer, and I like to test products just to see how well they actually work I decided to buy my first jar of DE.

I started taking DE in 2010.  My goals were to lower my cholesterol, gain more energy, strengthen my very brittle and weak nails, and most of all.......relieve from arthritis pain.

I opened my jar, looked in...felt some hesitation (I mean, come on!!  The stuff kills bugs!), and dipped my tablespoon in and took the first plunge.  I decided to put it in orange juice to make it easier to swallow.  I really did think it was going to be the grossest tasting concoction ever!  I mixed it up and took the first sip.......not bad at all.  No taste really.  The most noticeable thing about drinking DE is the texture.  It has a grainy texture, almost like drinking very, very fine sand.

I did this every morning for about 1 month.  It was a very easy transition from drinking coffee every morning to switching to a healthier means of gaining energy to get the day started.  I was surprised when I didn't have any headaches after I stopped drinking coffee cold-turkey.  Come to find out, DE also helps relieve headaches. My energy levels slowly increased, my nails actually started to grow stronger.  Those were the two most obvious benefits to drinking it daily.

I stopped taking DE daily after 1 month and started taking it when I remembered to take it, which was still at least 4 times per week.  I continued taking DE on a regular basis and in January 2011 I had my cholesterol checked along with other health screenings.  I have been unable to locate my previous readings for cholesterol, but I can assure you these numbers are much lower now.  I'm a single mother who works full time and is taking classes online, and a terrible back condition that keeps me from getting the exercise that I should be getting.  I am also a lover of meats and southern comfort foods!

Cholesterol Results:
Total: 159
Triglycerides - 29
LDL - 56
HDL - 79

According to the Mayo Clinic's website, here are the ideal numbers for each reading:
Total: Below 200 mg
Triglycerides - Below 150 mg
LDL - Below 70 mg
HDL - 60 mg or above for women
I plan to continue maintaining DE as an essential routine in my diet.  I am hoping to have another cholesterol screening done in the near future and hopefully it will manifest better results!

There are many other uses for DE, you should check the site out if you think this may be something that you're interested in trying for yourself.

I would recommend this product if you are trying to improve your health.  As always, make sure you consult your physician before trying any new supplements.





No comments:

Post a Comment