Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Testing out L-Tyrosine

Today, after much thought and consideration about Vyvanse I have decided that I would like to consider other methods of treating my inability to concentrate in the evenings after a long day at work.  For me, the day continues once I get home, there's dinner, sports activities, kid and their homework, and lastly my homework.

It must take a while for Vyvanse to exit the system because I'm still feeling a bit snappy at times.  It's becoming less and less noticeable, but little things can still make me feel like I want to snap at people.

DAY 1:

Ok, so....this evening around 5pm I took 500mg of L-tyrosine.  It's 7:25pm and I feel calm.  I feel like I am able to concentrate fully.  I don't feel any other symptoms.

Update: March 27, 2015

For the past two weeks I have been taking 1,000 mg of Tyrosine twice per day.  I am taking it mainly to help with symptoms from Firomyalgia.  I feel calmer, sleep better, feel less bodily pain, and my brain feels less foggy. 

Update: April 16, 2015

I'm still taking Tyrosine everyday.   I can report better mood, more energy to focus, less pain throughout my body and a bit more motivation to get up and get out of the house.  I normally take about 1,000mg per day.  I was taking 1,000mg twice a day.  I sleep much better as well.  I may start taking B12 with it. I am happy with the results.  When it stops working and I build a tolerance, I will detox and start again. 

Update:  June 9, 2015

I have continuously taken Tyrosine for the past few months and I love it!  I feel calmer, accomplish more, sleep better and my mood is way better!  I almost feel like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment